Mennonite Archives of Virginia

Eastern Mennonite School celebrates its Centennial Anniversary in 2017-2018

 Eastern Mennonite School
 1917  Purchase of Assembly Park near Harrisonburg, Virginia as EMS site - first high school classes meet
 1920  EMS moves into new building on the hill
 1921  High School accredited by state of Virginia
 1926  South wing of Administration Building added
 1930  Junior College added
 1932  Teacher training program added
 1941  North wing added to Administration Building
 1943  Chapel Auditorium built
 1947  State accreditation for senior college program - name change to Eastern Mennonite College
 1956  High School is accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
 1964  High School building completed
 1972  Fine arts building added to EMHS
 1976  Gym added to EMHS
 1981  Legal separation of EMHS and EMC
 1983  Seventh grade added
 1987  Dining Hall added to EMHS
 1995  Sixth grade added
 2002  EMHS accredited by Virginia Association of Independent Schools
 2005  Elementary School K-5 added
 2006  Eastern Mennonite School name change includes EMHS, EMMS, and EMES
 2017  Centennial celebration for Eastern Mennonite School and Eastern Mennonite University
Eastern Mennonite School is located at 801 Parkwood Drive, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 22802, USA

Website Builder